I'm Alison Wheeler and welcome to my résumé microsite. Select from the sections above for more information about me.
In 2000 I decided to create the possibility for change in my career by resigning my position and studying for an MBA. My chosen electives included strategy, creativity innovation & change, financial strategy, and marketing, each of which built upon pre-existing skills in these areas gained across a range of industries, markets and environments.
In December 2003 I was invited to join others in a start-up business in the on-line insurance field and accepted the position of CTO.
In February 2006 I was appointed as Chief Executive of Wiki Educational Resources Ltd and Chair of Wikimedia UK - the UK Chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation - a post I retained until January 2009 when I chose to hand on the baton. Since then I have researched and initiated a number of personal projects.
Alison M Wheeler
Track Record & Skills
- MBA degree (AACSB, AMBA & Equis accredited) with Marketing, Finance, Strategy and Innovation specialisations
- Track record of setting and achieving metrics - attention to detail
- Proactive, driven, looking for an entrepreneurial challenge
- Passionate about providing more that the customer expects
- High capacity and quick ability to learn new markets & skills
- Project, deadline, and team oriented
- International pan-European and Global development & implementation experience
- Excellent partner communication skills
- Well-organised with ability to manage multiple and concurrent projects across sites
- Experienced systems integrator and database architect
- Excellent analytical skills regarding contractual, technical and financial issues
- Highly developed problem solving and code development skills
- Demonstrable strong writing, design and communication skills
- Experienced overseas & UK business traveller; German and French language skills
- Invited participant at multinational conferences
- Available to travel and/or temporarily relocate as required
- Permanent relocation an option for the right opportunity
|Business Consultant, The Creative Organisation|
|2006-2009||CEO / Chair, Wiki Educational Resources Ltd t/a Wikimedia UK|
|2003-2005||Chief Technology Officer, NWUK|
|2000-2002||MBA Student, Open Business School|
electives: Strategy, Financial Strategy, Marketing in a Complex World, and Creativity, Innovation and Change
|2000||Chief Technology Officer, narrateo|
|1999-2000||Head of Technology, Capital Radio Group - Interactive|
|1997-1999||Group Internet Program Manager, CHS Electronics Inc|
|1979-1984||Business & systems Consultant, Sperry Univac|
|1978-1979||Sales & Marketing Support / Analyst, British Olivetti|
|1976-1978||Computer Systems Programmer, Spillers Group|
I am not presently seeking a new permanent position but would welcome short-term and interim engagements where I could bring my business support skills together with my extensive technical experience to bear on a difficult issue. I would welcome a position that included travelling or being based onsite for the duration, or I could operate from my London and Hertfordshire bases.
I looking to join a business where I want to share the company vision and be excited by the possibilities for the future, both for myself and of the business, and where my input from both the technical and business aspects will be appreciated and rewarded.
Will depend upon the position, the company and the location, the culture of the company, the other people on the team and, most importantly, the task ahead. I do not expect that the fee would be a major issue for the right engagement.